The second round of the Universal Credit surveys is now complete and analysis of the returned questionnaires is underway. A total of 54 NHC member organisations took the time to complete the latest survey and NHC would like to thank participants for their continued support for the project. Some initial findings from the latest round are:
- 84.9% of respondents say there are still delays in processing UC claims
- 91.3% of organisations who’s rent cycle is charged in advance say UC paid in arrears causes problems
- Over one-third of organisations cited tenants terminating their tenancies due to UC
- Over two-thirds have seen an increase in enquiries to their money advice teams
- Almost one-quarter of organisations have introduced ability to pay checks as a result of UC
More in-depth analysis is continuing and there will be a second focus group held to gather more qualitative information from members. We are also looking for case studies relevant to the study. If you have anything you could contribute, please send them on to Barry Turnbull at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the Universal Credit project and the first round report are available from the NHC website here. If you’d like to take part in subsequent rounds of the research please contact Barry Turnbull at the above email address or at (0191) 5661030.