Northern Housing Summit – Delivering the Northern Powerhouse: the role for Housing?
|Date:||22 February 2016|
|Venue:||Renaissance Manchester City Centre Hotel
|Add to calendar|
The Summit arrives in Manchester at the start of 2016 – a challenging, tumultuous, some would say opportunistic time for Housing in the North.
Set against the developing backdrop of the Northern Powerhouse, this year’s Summit will provide an opportunity for delegates to reflect on the fundamental questions facing the North and the housing sector including:
- What role does housing play in supporting a vibrant Northern Powerhouse?
- How do we unlock investment and delivery into our Northern cities and places?
- What is the future for social housing?
- Is local government set to capitalise on opportunity of devolution and decentralisation?
The Summit however also seeks to challenge all of us across the North – are we as effective as we can be, do we really meet our aspirations or do we hide behind excuses and don’t change until we’re pushed?
- Is the North really an alternative to London or do we have to acknowledge decline in parts of the North is inevitable?
- What can we learn from London?
- Will we see a bankrupt Northern Local Authority?
- Is the public sector too flabby and what can we do differently?
- Are we supporting dependency rather than unleashing aspiration?
And finally – what do our communities want from their North?
Our speakers include:
Simon Ridley, Director General, Decentralisation and Growth, DCLG
John Elledge, New Statesman
Deborah McLaughlin, Manchester Place
NEW SPEAKER Tom Ground, CEO, Legal and General Homes
Local Government Association, invited
Paul Marsh, UKTI
Natalie Elphicke, Housing Finance Institute
Northern Housing Summit 2015 is sponsored by
Book your place
Please note: All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Bookings are closed for this event.