Off-Site Construction Working Group
|Date:||15 June 2017|
|Time:||13:00 - 15:00|
Dysons Chambers 12-14 Briggate
|Add to calendar|
The Northern Housing Consortium will be hosting the first meeting of the off-site construction (OSC) working group on Thursday 15 June 2017 between 1pm and 3pm at the offices of Yorkshire Housing, Dyson’s Chambers, 12-14 Briggate, Leeds LS1 6ER.
This roundtable is for NHC members only.
The Government’s £3bn Home Building Fund is keen to support off-site construction and accelerated construction methods. The purpose of the working group will be to explore off-site manufacture in depth, examining the pros/cons of such manufacturing as well as exploring the operational issues associated with off-site manufacture.
An approximate agenda for the first meeting will include:
- John Ardern, Director of Homes at New Charter Group who will talk to the group about New Charter’s pilot using modular construction methods
- A presentation from a member of the Modular Allianz board, Grieg Lees – Head of Regeneration at Northwards Housing – who will discuss the work of the Modular Allianz and their aims and objectives going forward
We can also confirm that a Modern Methods of Construction Specialist from the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) will be in attendance to give a policy perspective to the meeting.
The focus of future meetings of the group will be to:
- Explore and understand OSC methods; build costs and finance
- Learn from best practice in the private and social sector
- Hear from off-site construction champions in the social sector
- Visit factories and sites that utilise off-site construction
- Hear from staff from the Homes and Communities Agency and the Department for Communities and Local Government about OSC methods
- Explore the planning and legal intricacies of the process with guidance from senior planners
- Network with colleagues
If you have any agenda suggestions or general queries/comments, please get in touch with Callum Smith, Member Engagement Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book your place
Please note: All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Bookings are closed for this event.