Tackling and Preventing Homelessness – The role of the housing sector
|Date:||5 December 2017|
|Venue:||the studio, Leeds
Riverside West, Whitehall Road
|Add to calendar|
Homelessness is a growing concern for the sector as the challenges of housing supply, welfare reform, austerity and the benefit freeze continue. The Homelessness Reduction Act, scheduled to come into effect in 2018, brings the next big change to the way the sector approaches homelessness. It will transform the way homelessness services are delivered and ensure that all eligible applicants are given the help they need.
A new way of working and collaboration is required to address some of the challenges and adopt innovative approaches to tackling and preventing homelessness.
This conference, sponsored by Locata Housing Services, will bring together key people and organisations from across the sector to consider, discuss and share good practice on tackling and preventing homelessness.
The conference will cover the following themes:
- Policy landscape and preparing for the future
- Opportunities and challenges for the sector
- Housing First – Getting it right
- The Local Authority perspective
- Youth homelessness and support
- Developing and implementing a new system that works and delivers
- The housing provider role
- Supporting people in changing their lives
- Health and needs assessment – impact of homelessness
- A legal update
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Mike Wright, Strategic Lead for Homelessness, Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- Chris Hancock, Head of Housing, Crisis
- Peter Riley, Managing Director, Locata
- Simon Beynon, Housing Strategy Officer (Homelessness & Inclusion), Derbyshire Dales District Council
- Fay Selvan, Chief Executive, The Big Life Group
- Karen Kenmare, Key Step Manager, Thirteen Housing Group
- Alison Riley, Homeless Lead, Middlesbrough City Council
**Book three places for your organisation now and only pay for two.**
Book your place
Please note: All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Please note: if you attended an NHC event before 28th March 2015 you will need to re-register due to an upgrade of our systems. Simply fill in the booking information to the left and an account will be created for you along with placing your order. You will be emailed with a username and password. Please read our FAQs for more information.