Universal Credit Update Seminar
|Date:||3 July 2019|
|Time:||09:30 - 14:00|
|Venue:||St George’s Centre, Leeds
St George's Centre, Great George Street
|Add to calendar|
Universal Credit rolls six benefits into one in an attempt to simplify an over-complicated benefit system. The original aim was to ease the transition in and out of work and back again while ensuring transparency.
Universal Credit has presented a number of challenges to local authorities, housing associations and communities to meet the costs of universal credit incurred by rent arrears and increased need for hardship funds and advisory services to support tenants and mitigating the impact, this was highlighted in the latest NHC report on Universal Credit Revisited.
Whilst social landlords have had some success in pushing for changes to both the rules of this system and how the system is administered, many issues remain.
This Universal Credit Update seminar will provide delegates with the opportunity to:
- Hear the latest policy updates from DWP
- Learn and listen from housing providers around the experience on the frontline
- Hear the findings of the latest Northern Housing Consortium Universal Credit Revisited report
- Learn from Harrogate Borough Council on how they are preparing for the Managed Migration Pilot
- Understand how Help to Claim approach is working for a local CAB
- Network with other colleagues and share learning from across the sector.
Book your place
Please note: All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Bookings are closed for this event.