The Work and Pensions Committee is holding an inquiry into the timeliness and accuracy delivery by the DWP. The potential problems that can arise when benefits are delayed or underpaid include people resorting to food banks for emergency food rations.
The Committee is inviting written submissions on the following:
- The extent to which the DWP delivers benefit and Universal Credit payments correctly and promptly
- The impact of errors and delays and how such effects are mitigated
- How the Department’s performance in this area might be monitored and improved on
The Northern Housing Consortium will be submitting evidence to this inquiry and would like to hear from members around:
- Organisations experiences to date
- Any evidence of the impact on claimants as a result of benefit delays and/errors
- How DWP are delivering benefits and Universal Credit payments and problems/issues that claimants and organisations are experiencing.
- Any case studies to support this inquiry would be greatly appreciated