Guest Blog – Homes England Community Housing Fund

Over the summer Homes England launched the Community Housing Fund (CHF) (£163m). Both phase 1 revenue support and phase 2 capital funds are now open for bids. At Homes England we are supporting community led housing activity and we know through enquiries and actual bids that communities are developing projects throughout the region.

An element of the phase 1 funding is targeted at local authorities wishing to support community led housing proposals in their area through the employment of additional staff resource to support groups. We will fund up to 90% of the costs of a post. Some support elements, such as accommodation and IT costs, can count towards the remaining 10%. We will however require an element of match funding.

Due to the fund currently only being open until March 2020 it is imperative that LAs act now to secure funding, so that this new resource can be in place in April of this year to enable funding for a one year temporary post to be secured. This can also be a great secondment opportunity. An example Job Description can also be provided as long with support with your bid.

Please contact Graham at or on 07970 974336, now. If you are a registered provider looking to work with a local community to deliver a project then also please contact me to discuss funding opportunities.