This privacy statement sets out how we use the information you give to us when using our website and the information we keep if you sign up to be a member. We take the protection of your privacy seriously and will not hand your data over to any third parties unless we have to for legal reasons or if there is a legitimate interest. By becoming a member, accessing this website or signing up to one of our events, you accept these terms.
Contents of the information below
- How and why we use your data.
- Types of information we hold
- How do we collect your data?
- How do we look after your data?
- How long do we keep your data for?
- What are your rights?
- Access to your information and corrections.
- Your right to be forgotten.
- Our use of your data for marketing.
- Other websites.
- How to contact us.
How and why do we use your data?
We collect personal information about you in line with data protection rules. This allows us to register you as a member and fulfil our contractual obligations to provide membership information. If you are not a member but are using our services it will allow us to fulfil our contractual obligations to provide you with our services. This also allows us to inform you of any potential changes that may affect your membership.
We keep your information to keep our records up to date; to make a note of how you like to be contacted, and what you like to be contacted about. We also keep you updated on our latest events and services and ask for your thoughts on specific areas of policy. We’ll also list your name, job title and organisation on delegate lists for roundtables and events you’ve booked to attend.
Our emails could include the following:
- Promoting events and free roundtables to interested stakeholders
- Informing members about other policy updates/publications and news items, such as our monthly newsletter (‘eZine’) and on-the-day briefings
- Updating you on our latest products including procurement frameworks and bespoke business improvement services
- Requesting feedback for consultations and research projects
- Informing members of savings made and how they’ve used our services (Member Benefits Statement)
Types of information we hold
- Name, job title, job role, email address, geographical region, organisation address, phone number
- Interactions you’ve had with us, such as attending an event or roundtable
- Emails you’ve sent to us, and emails we’ve sent to you
- Brief details of phone calls between NHC and your organisation
- Using the information above, we keep a record of the types of future events/briefings/consultations we think you may be interested in
- We do not hold the personal details of, send mailers to, or have any contact with, tenants who attend our events or interact with us, unless they are acting in the capacity of the organisation, for example a Tenant Board Member
- We collect this information to ensure you maximise your membership within all levels of your organisation, and to keep you updated on services available.
How do we collect your data?
We collect data from your organisation in different ways depending on our relationship with you and how you have come in contact with the NHC.
If you are a member of the NHC:
If you sign up to be a member of the NHC, or renew membership, we will keep contact details of individuals who work for your organisation, including their job title and email address. We keep records of any events they have attended, and brief details of any phone calls, meetings or emails we’ve shared.
If you are an interested stakeholder:
We will collect your information if you have signed up to one of our events, if you have had contact with a staff member at the NHC or if you sign up to our weekly events mailer and the monthly eZine.
My NHC is our member portal, in setting it up we will expose high level information about your organisation, to staff members from your organisation who register for the service. This information will include:
- number of emails received
- number of event attendances
- number of roundtables
- number of network attendances
We will also show publicly available procurement information along with information around office location. We will also give other high level information around extra services you access such as Business Improvement. My NHC registration will be required to book onto events, submit contract commissions and access Member Benefits statements.
How do we look after your data?
- Our Data Controller is Catherine Wilmot, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0191 5661000
- Personal data is stored in an encrypted state and all access to it is via an encrypted transport layer.
- Any complaints or queries relating to the use of your data should be addressed to Catherine Wilmot, Executive Director: Catherine.email@example.com / 0191 5661000
- You have the right to withdraw consent for marketing at any time. Please contact Catherine Wilmot, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0191 5661000
How long will we keep your data for?
- We will retain data for as long as you remain a member of the NHC. If at any time you cancel your membership with us, we will store your data in a deactivated state, thus removing you from all current mailings etc. The deactivated data will be stored in line with our retention period so we can offer you the best possible service should you re-join the NHC.
- If a member of staff leaves your organisation, we will store their data in a deactivated state, thus removing them from all current mailings etc. the deactivated data will be stored in line with our retention period.
- We will also hold your information if you are not a member but have signed up to or paid for an event or service and we feel it is necessary to ensure we fulfil our contractual obligations.
What are your rights?
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email email@example.com or write to us at the following:
Northern Housing Consortium,
Tyne and Wear,
There may be a small charge for this service depending on certain criteria as detailed in the Right of Access description.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Your right to be forgotten
At any point, you may contact us should you wish your contact details to be removed from our records.
Also, individual employees of a member organisation can opt out should they not wish to be contacted by us or receive marketing information from us.
Due to terms and conditions of our membership there may be situations where the right to be forgotten cannot be instigated immediately. If this is the case, we will let you know upon your request to be forgotten. The request will be actioned as soon as is legally feasible. Please contact Catherine Wilmot, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0191 5661000.
The NHC will not share your details with any third party unless we have to for legal reasons or if there is a legitimate interest.
Our use of data for marketing
We would like to keep you up to date with our free and paid for events and provide you with information about products and services of ours which may be of interest to you, if you consent to us contacting you.
If you have consented to receive marketing you can opt out at a later date.
You have the right to withdraw consent for marketing at any time.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please click on the footer of any event marketing email from the NHC to unsubscribe. Please be aware that if you do this you will be unsubscribing yourself from all event marketing from the NHC.
Your data preferences:
You can manage your data preferences by clicking on the footer of any email from the NHC.
Your browser can be set to not accept cookies and the above website/s provides details of cookies can be removed. However, be mindful that such removal may impact the website and some features may not function as expected.
How to contact us
By telephone: 0191 5661000
Or write to us at:
Northern Housing Consortium,
Tyne and Wear,
The Supervisory Authority applicable to the NHC is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). To contact the ICO:
By telephone: 0303 123 1113
By email: email@example.com
By post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF