Universal Credit Full Service – Lessons Learnt and Future Planning Seminar
|Date:||17 July 2018|
|Time:||10:00 - 15:30|
|Venue:||Leeds Federated Housing Association
Arthington House, 30 Westfield Road
|Add to calendar|
The Universal Credit full service is currently being rolled out to more areas across the North and available to all claimant types that are in and out of work such as, families, single parents, carers and those with certain health conditions
Experience of Northern Housing Consortium (NHC) members to date in areas of full service is in most cases remain a challenge – with rising rent arrears, tenants and residents experiencing financial hardship, inconsistency around communication from DWP and resource intensive.
Whilst the NHC supports the principle of simplifying the benefits system, there is clearly work to be done to ensure that it runs smoothly for all involved – from tenants to landlords to the DWP itself.
This seminar Chaired by Angela Corner, Inclusion Manager, Thirteen Housing Group will provide NHC members with the opportunity to:
- Hear firsthand from those in full service rollout areas
- Share the lessons learnt to date and help prepare for future rollout
- Explore the different challenges full service brings and the opportunities
- Help plan and mitigate the impact on tenants and organisations
- Hear from DWP colleagues on their work with the sector and future on universal credit
Delegates will hear from:
- Elaine Baker, Trusted Partner Lead, Universal Credit Programme, DWP
- Lisa Graham, Universal Credit Team Leader, Thirteen Group
- Dave Bennett, Principal Manager and Rachael Renton, Welfare Reform Project Manager Kirklees Neighbourhood Housing
- Molly Dune, Universal Credit Implementation Manager, Your Homes Newcastle
Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Book your place
Please note: All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Bookings are closed for this event.