Northern Housing Summit 2018
|Date:||10 October 2018|
|Time:||09:30 - 16:40|
|Venue:||Midland Hotel Manchester
16 Peter Street
|Add to calendar|
Beyond Supply: creating vibrant communities in the North
The NHC’s 2018 Summit brings leaders together to discuss the future of housing in the North through the lens of placemaking, growth, and health, and sees the launch of our research with the Smith Institute looking at the hidden costs of poor quality housing.
In association with the UK Collaborative Centre for Housing Evidence (CaCHE), we’re exploring:
- How do we create the right homes in the right places, with the right level of choice across all tenures?
- How do the hidden costs of poor quality housing impact on communities?
- How can we move the integration of health and housing forward?
- Can we reframe the narrative for placemaking in the North?
- How can housing play a key role in local economies?
- What is the impact of Brexit on the North?
Programme now confirmed. Click here to view.
NEW: Confirmed speakers include:
- Mark Easton, Home Editor, BBC
- Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester
- Steve Rotheram, Metro Mayor of Liverpool City Region
- Laura Hurley, Head of Regeneration, Cities & Local Growth Unit, MHCLG
- Ed Ferrari, Director, Centre for Regional Economic & Social Research (CRESR), Sheffield Hallam University
- The Smith Institute
- And many more
The UK Collaborative Centre for Housing Evidence (CaCHE) is a consortium of 14 partners led by the University of Glasgow.
Book your place
Please note: All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Bookings are closed for this event.