The Shared Ownership and Affordable Homes Programme is open for bidding – funding is available for a range of tenures. We offer increased flexibility in 18/19 and beyond – using our land, working in collaboration and encouraging new entrants into the programme. Talk to your Homes England Contract Manger or email Victoria.Keen@homesengland.gov.uk for more details.
The sector now has certainty over rental income, increased funding to £9bn and reclassification – now we collectively need to perform!
Key messages for 18/19:
- Recent changes mean that there is now so much potential for growth and opportunities for a range of Registered Providers (RPs) and SME Contractors;
- The challenge is massive but we must grasp this opportunity and not fall at the first hurdle;
- Continuous Market Engagement (CME) is still open and substantial funds are available – including the newly introduced acquisition tranche payment, which can help with cash flow (ask your Contract Manager for more details);
- We have a new framework for increased delivery of affordable homes;
- Look out for the launch of the £163 million Community Housing Fund – available to community-led groups (or with LAs and RPs, in support) across England to support delivery of new affordable homes up to 31st March 2020.
Guest blog: Victoria Keen