Commission for Housing in the North and Spending Review Impact – Engagement Sessions
|Date:||10 December 2015 - 18 December 2015|
|Add to calendar|
The next round of engagement meetings for the Commission for Housing in the North are now in place, and will provide a timely opportunity to discuss the Chancellor’s Spending Review.
The Commissioners have now met several times and we are keen to feed back to members on these discussions and ensure you continue to have opportunities to shape and input into the Commission.
The Commission has been striving to understand the following issues:
- What does the housing market need to look like to support a successful Northern Powerhouse?
- What is the distinctive cumulative impact of changes to economy, housing policy and welfare reform on access to and demand for housing in the North?
- What is working in accelerating development?
- How is regeneration work best positioned?
- What could work to underpin equitable outcomes from growth?
- What are the key trends in the different tenures and how do these now interact?
- Where are the investment opportunities and how do we capture value uplift from these?
In particular at these engagement sessions we are keen to hear members views on:
- Future role of social housing
- Role of regeneration in economic growth
- The impact of the Spending Review
- Housing and Devolution
The engagement sessions will take place at:
10th December, 9:00 – 10:30am, Thirteen Group, Stockton on Tees
15th December, 9:00 – 10:30am, Northwards Housing, Manchester
17th December, 9:00 – 10:30am, Wakefield and District Housing, Wakefield
17th December 9:00 – 10:30am, Torus, Warrington
18th December, 9:00 – 10:30am, St Leger Homes, Doncaster
Places at the engagement sessions are limited so will be available on a first come first served basis. To register your interest in attending, please email email@example.com indicating which session you’d like to attend.
We are also exploring an online engagement session and more details on this will follow shortly.