How to… Manage Tenancies
|Date:||9 May 2019|
|Time:||09:30 - 16:30|
|Venue:||Yorkshire Housing, Call Lane Training Offices
44 Call Lane
|Add to calendar|
Abode, the home of education and training for the housing and community sector, partner with the NHC to provide a range of ‘What you need to know about…’ courses – perfect for new starters or those wanting to refresh their knowledge of the some of the sector’s most important functions.
Tenancy management can be a tricky business, especially when taking recent policy and legislative changes into account. It’s essential that lettings and tenancy management staff are up to date and knowledgeable in order to manage tenancies effectively. This one-day course, which is particularly suitable for lettings officers, housing officers and supervisors, covers the following:
- What is a tenancy, and how does it differ from a licence?
- The different tenancy types used by local authorities and housing associations;
- Implications of the new tenancy types for succession, mutual exchange and the Right to Buy;
- Landlord and tenant responsibilities;
- Ending tenancies, including abandonment and dealing with tenants’ possessions once a tenancy has ended.
Meet the trainers:
Gill and Claire possess more than 40 years’ combined experience working in the housing and voluntary sectors. Their expertise covers policy development and implementation, housing practice, sustainability, community involvement and change and performance management. In addition to being an accredited CIH training provider, Abode work with housing associations, local authorities and ALMOs to provide a range of training services that meet the needs of organisations and individuals, whether employees, tenants or board members.
Book your place
Please note: All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Bookings are closed for this event.