Improving Housing Sector’s response to Domestic Violence
|Date:||26 April 2018|
|Time:||10:30 - 12:30|
|Venue:||Yorkshire Housing, Call Lane Training Offices
44 Call Lane
|Add to calendar|
The Domestic Abuse Housing Alliance’s (DAHA) mission is to improve the housing sector’s response to domestic abuse through the introduction and adoption of an established set of standards and an accreditation process. DAHA is a partnership between three agencies who are leaders in innovation to address domestic abuse within housing; Standing Together Against Domestic Violence (STADV), Peabody and Gentoo.
NHC Members FREE ROUNDTABLE
Between January 1st 2009 and December 31st 2015, 936 women were killed by men in England and Wales. Most were killed by a man known to them. 598 women were killed by men identified as current or former partners.
According to the Crime Survey for England and Wales for year ending March 2017 an estimated 7.5% of women (1.2 million) and 4.3% of men (713,000) experienced domestic abuse in the last year.
Safelives research indicated that 85% of victims of abuse sought help five times on average from professionals in the year before they got effective help to stop the abuse. Effective early intervention by organisations such as housing providers can help protect adults and children from harm as well as preventing escalation and recurrence of abuse.
DAHA have been funded by London Councils and Comic Relief to deliver a suite of workshops to support housing providers across the country to support them to improve their practice around domestic abuse across 8 key areas.
This session brought to you by NHC with DAHA Development Manager, Phil Azu will;
- introduce a free to use toolkit
- share good practice from around the country, offering free resources to support housing providers improve their practice
- provide members with the opportunity to hear about Bolton at Home’s approach to domestic abuse. Karen Allsop, Complex Families and Interventions Manager will outline their best practice and share their journey.
- Provide delegates a wider opportunity to discuss their own approaches and thinking
- Provide an opportunity to network
Book your place
Please note: All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Bookings are closed for this event.