Legal Seminar: Inquests and Serious Case Reviews
|Date:||12 September 2018|
|Time:||13:00 - 16:00|
|Venue:||Ward Hadaway Offices, Leeds
5 Wellington Place
|Add to calendar|
The Northern Housing Consortium, in conjunction with Ward Hadaway, are pleased to offer the ‘Introduction to Inquests’ seminar taking place on Wednesday 12 September 2018 at the offices of Ward Hadaway in Leeds.
Housing Associations are coming under increasing scrutiny post-Grenfell and it is vital that housing professionals are prepared and know what to expect when faced with an unexplained death on their premises.
This seminar is designed as an introduction to inquests and serious case reviews (SCR) with a focus on guiding you through the process of an inquest and giving you the knowledge to respond effectively, professionally and in-line with standard inquest practice.
The seminar is aimed at anyone who might be involved in an inquest from front-line housing staff; communications and PR teams, legal officers, governance and compliance professionals and senior leadership teams.
The seminar will cover:
- What is an Inquest – the scope and purpose of an Inquest
- The Inquest – what to expect and preparation
- Why might a housing association be called to attend an Inquest
- Action following an unexpected death on your premises
- Record Keeping
- Policies and Procedures/Scope of Role
- Working with other agencies
- After an Inquest – Learning lessons/Coroner’s Prevention of Future Deaths Reports
- Serious Case Review
The seminar will be presented by Liz Hackett, Healthcare Partner, and Alexia Dawson, Associate, Healthcare.
Book your place
Please note: All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Bookings are closed for this event.