Supporting flexibility of tenure
|Date:||18 January 2017|
|Time:||13:00 - 16:35|
|Add to calendar|
Join us for our half-day event dedicated to how registered providers can contribute, not just to increasing home ownership, but to offering flexible, innovative models to encourage tenants to buy homes.
Confirmed speakers include HCA, legal experts from Ward Hadaway and innovators such as Home Group, Prince Bishops Homes (Derwentside Homes) and Space Property (Yorkshire Housing).
We will focus on best practice from some of the sector’s most innovative models and provide opportunities to question experts on legal issues and representatives from the HCA regarding new forms of homeownership. The event will be focused on how your organisation can learn from leaders in the field of providing new, innovative, affordable models for home ownership or renting.
We will examine:
- The regulator’s perspective on ways in which housing providers can build new products to encourage flexible tenure as well as the implications of relaxed grant funding – Nigel Barclay, Investment Team Leader and Dilys Jones, Head of Area – Leeds and North Yorkshire confirmed
- Legal and organisational issues, as well as good practice, around the Right to Buy and Shared Ownership
- The practicalities of the Starter Homes policy for new developments
- New and experimental forms of home ownership being piloted by registered providers in the UK such as graduated ownership, rent to own and the Prince Bishop Homes model
- The capacity for institutional investment to leverage pension funds and other sources of capital to offer new flexible tenure products
- Opportunities offered by devolution deals
This event is suitable for anyone in a registered provider with an interest in development of new homes and affordable tenures with particular emphasis on staff in executive, development, legal and finance teams.
Book your place
Please note: All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Bookings are closed for this event.