The Modern Slavery Act – what the housing sector needs to know
|Date:||16 May 2016|
|Time:||10:00 - 13:00|
|Add to calendar|
The Modern Slavery Act came into force in 2015, and organisations whose annual turnover sits above the £36m threshold will shortly be required to publish their statement, which details the steps taken to ensure their business and supply chains are slavery free.
Organisations that don’t exceed the threshold may still want to ensure that they have confidence in their supply chains, and this focused workshop has been designed to provide information and insight for the housing sector.
Led by Richard Karmel, Business and Human Rights Partner at Mazars LLP, this session will cover:
- Understanding the key areas of the MSA as they relate to commercial organisations
- What to include in your public Transparency in Supply Chains Statement
- How to go about performing due diligence in line with the MSA
- Assessing and managing slavery and human trafficking risks
- Assessing the effectiveness of your organisation’s processes for compliance with the MSA
- Articulating the wider commercial value of compliance with the MSA
Book your place
Please note: All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Bookings are closed for this event.