In 2017-2018 National Energy Action will build upon its partnership with EDF Energy to deliver another year of its Improving Energy Efficiency In Communities Project which aims to reduce the wider impacts of fuel poverty for households across England.
The project provides FREE basic energy awareness training to frontline practitioners within voluntary and statutory organisations. Training aims to equip individuals with the skills and knowledge to better identify and assist households who struggle to manage their energy needs and to maintain a warm and healthy home.
Organisations can also benefit from FREE energy advice surgeries/ awareness sessions to help their service users to better manage their energy use, access appropriate energy tariff and payment options as well as insulation and heating schemes, income maximisation, money and debt advice services.
NEA is providing all trainees and energy advice recipients with copies of a bespoke information leaflet to aid service signposting and referral.
As part of EDF Energy’s commitment to provide a more holistic service, EDF Energy customers accessing NEA advice services can also benefit from a range of Priority Services, which includes access to Warm Home Discount rebates, money advice, trust fund grant assistance and the Priority Services Register.
The Improving Energy Efficiency In Communities project is national but has a key focus in the North East, North West, London & South East, South West and the Yorkshire & the Humber areas.
For enquiries about FREE energy advice surgeries /energy awareness sessions in these areas contact:
- North East – contact Maureen Fildes at NEA on 0191 269 2929 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- North West – contact Jimmy Pugh at NEA on 0151 728 7678 (email: Jimmy.Pugh@nea.org.uk) or Kathy New on 07540758291 (email: Kathy.New@nea.org.uk)
- London/ South East – contact Rebecca Jones at NEA on 07738 417 448 (email: Rebecca.email@example.com)
- South West – contact Louise Evans at NEA on 07730760828 (email: Louise.Evans@nea.org.uk)
- Yorkshire and the Humber – contact Diane Bland at NEA on 07855 863 312 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
For enquiries about awareness/ advice sessions in all other areas (and all general enquiries) contact Malcolm Dove at NEA on 0191 269 2932 (email: Malcolm.Dove@nea.org.uk).
For enquiries about FREE basic energy awareness training for frontline practitioners across England contact Tracy Norris, Business Support Officer at NEA on 0191 269 2946.
NEA is grateful for support from EDF Energy for this project.