Does the Housing and Planning Act deliver for the North?
|Date:||24 May 2016|
|Venue:||The Met Hotel, Leeds
|Add to calendar|
Timed to coincide with the likely date for Royal Assent of the Bill, our conference focuses on whether the Housing and Planning Act 2016 really delivers for the North.
With an address from Brandon Lewis, Minister of State for Housing and Planning, we’ll be focusing on the key areas of the Bill including Pay to Stay, Right to Buy, Rent to Buy and Permission in Principle.
Ideally placed to bring together Local Authorities and Registered Providers, the NHC will provide an update on the Commission for Housing in the North in the context of the Act, and a range of members will explore specific areas and facilitate discussion and debate.
- Brandon Lewis, Minister of State for Housing and Planning (video address)
- Michael Laing, Service Director, Gateshead Council (Chair)
- Maggie Rafalowicz, Associate Director, Campbell Tickell
- Steve Waddington, Assistant Director – Housing and Community Safety, City of York Council
- Jim Bennett, Assistant Director of Regulation Strategy, Homes and Communities Agency
**This event is free for Northern Housing Consortium members**
**MORE PLACES NOW AVAILABLE**
Book your place
Please note: All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Bookings are closed for this event.