Housing Strategy Conference 2018
|Date:||15 November 2018|
|Time:||09:30 - 16:30|
|Venue:||Well Met, Cloth Hall Court, Leeds Beckett University
|Add to calendar|
Developed through engagement with local authority staff across the North of England, the Northern Housing Consortium is pleased to announce that Housing Strategy 2018 conference will take place on Thursday 15 November 2018 at Cloth Hall Court in Leeds.
Given the huge variation of work undertaken by housing teams in local authorities (LAs), and the increasing expansion of these responsibilities, this conference offers a suite of interactive workshops and practitioner-led plenaries sharing best practice on a wider range of strategic housing priorities in the sector.
- An update from Homes England regarding their work with LAs to build more homes
- Interactive panel discussion on selective licensing schemes in the North and beyond
- Examples of how LAs are using joint ventures and housing development companies to build a new wave of council houses
- Objectively Assessed Need and its potential impact on development in the North
Workshops will include interactive sessions looking at:
- working with supported accommodation providers to ensure adequate provision
- purpose-built student accommodation: using planning powers to restrict their growth and mitigating the impact on traditional HMOs
- increasing the supply of executive and larger family homes
- self and custom build housing – one year on, how are the new duties working in practice?
- working with community-led housing organisations to bring empty homes into use
Book your place
Please note: All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Bookings are closed for this event.