Older people workshop: Rethinking support services for older people – from grant cuts to market opportunity (pm)
|Date:||28 April 2015|
|Time:||13:15 - 16:30|
Dysons Chambers 12-14 Briggate
|Information:||Map and directions|
|Add to calendar|
This workshop will look at the changing ways that social housing providers are delivering services to support independence and look at good practice in the sector.
This workshop will:
- Challenge providers to think about their service models for the future, both for their own tenants and the wider community
- Look at specific case study examples
- Provide details about funding
- Explore how the partnerships were developed and future plans
As cuts in housing support funding have forced a growing number of social landlords to change their funding and service model, some have cut right back to provide little more than a standard housing management model. Others have used the opportunity to re-think and broaden the way they think about service models to support independence for:
- Older people living in sheltered type housing
- Older people living across their general needs stock
- Other vulnerable tenants and households
Some providers offer services to people they do not house – older and other vulnerable people across all tenures living in the communities where they have their housing stock.
What is in no doubt is that older people are a major market for the future, and make choices about what types of services they wish to purchase to support independent living in older age. “Our power is our number; there are now more than 14 million people in the UK aged over 60. The prize for those who successfully engage with us will be huge.” (Age UK)
Attend this workshop and explore the issues with facilitators and peers, and re-think your support services for older people.
Who should attend this workshop:
- Providers of housing for older people
- Providers of care and/or support services
- Commissioners of care and support services
Who will lead the workshop:
Peter Fletcher Associates (PFA) are experts in the sector with experience of working with a local authorities and housing and care providers to support strategic change in the way they plan, commission and deliver housing and services.
Timing: Registration 12.45pm (lunch available); Start 1.15pm; Close at 4.30pm
In association with Housing LIN
Programme developed by Peter Fletcher Associates
Book your place
Please note: All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Bookings are closed for this event.