Resident Involvement Conference 2019 – Co-creation and Collaboration
|Date:||19 June 2019|
|Time:||10:00 - 17:00|
|Venue:||The Principal York
|Add to calendar|
We are pleased to announce that the hugely popular Resident Involvement conference will take place on Wednesday 19 June 2019 at the Principal York Hotel, York between 10:00am and 17:00pm.
There were strong messages in the Social Housing Green Paper to ensure a more effective relationship between tenants and residents and their landlord, including calls for transparency, accountability, supporting a move towards co-creation and collaboration to oversee changes in involvement and to shape services.
Many landlords are rising to the challenge and have found smarter, new and innovative ways to meet those challenges.
Whichever way you involve residents, this conference is for you.
Participate and ask questions in a Panel debate, including
- Hearing about changes to the consumer standards – Jonathan Walter, Deputy Director of Strategy and Performance at the Regulator of Social Housing
- Hearing about changes being discussed on Complaints management – Andrew Steen, Acting Housing Ombudsman
- Hear ideas to reduce the stigma of social housing – Melanie Rees, Head of Policy, Chartered institute of Housing
- Hear from Shelter on their Vision for Social Housing (invited)
- Hear from residents on advisory panels being formed to advise and challenge the norm on engagement and housing services (TBC)
- Engage in an interactive discussion on housing issues in the soon to be published Spring Social Housing White Paper – Yvonne Davies, Scrutiny and Empowerment Partners
Then attend 3 of up to 9 workshops available to you to attend, with themes including:
- Collaboration with residents on Health and Safety assurance
- Residents collaborating on inclusivity
- Achieving impact in resident engagement at Local Authorities
- A work in progress – modernising resident engagement at Octavia
- Our Involvement feedback loop
- Becoming a Board/Committee Member as a tenant or resident and making your voice count
- Listening and collaborating with customers to tailor services at Cobalt Housing
Who should attend?
- New and existing involved customers and leaseholders engaging with their landlord
- All involved residents and those considering getting involved, including panels which do scrutiny, consultation, complaints, resident /community associations, mystery shoppers and tenant inspectors
- Those interested in how to harness resident engagement in service development, policy and performance improvement
- Those interested in improving their benchmarked score on listening and acting on resident views
- Those interested in policy changes which are forthcoming, to get an early start on to pick up ideas and consider early actions
- Any landlord interested in staying ahead of the new agenda, including directors and managers in: change, transformation, housing and maintenance, governance, performance, community and tenant involvement managers and Councillors/Board members
Book your place
Please note: All prices are exclusive of VAT.
This event is fully booked.